Many people out there believe that jicama is weird or simply not right to be in a dessert. But on the contrary: jicama, being a great alternative for carbs, works great for sweet dishes too!
Today’s recipe is for all the crepe lovers out there! It’s an absolutely healthy and delicious guilt free dessert, pre-workout or breakfast!
- eaturXica Jicama Tortillas (2 per crepe)
- For the fillings we suggest: almond butter (or your nut of choice), dark cacao spread (as a healthy alternative to Nutella)
- For a fruity taste: Thinly sliced banana or strawberries
- For the toppings: Crushed pecans or walnuts for extra crunch
- Cinnamon or favorite spice of choice
- Sweetener of choice
- Add the spread of your choice to a jicama tortilla first
- If you want to add fruit, place the thinly sliced fruit of choice on top of the spread
- Lastly add the crushed pecans or walnuts on top for extra crunch
- For the final crepe, cover it up with another tortilla on top
- Place carefully the tortilla crepe with on a skillet and heat at a low temperature for a couple of minutes or until spread softens
- Place the crepe on a plate and add a dash of cinnamon and your favorite sweetener on top and enjoy!
- Tip: We recommend slicing it in 4 pieces for comfy eating as seen in the pictures!